I love me some poppy seed muffins! So good! Poppy seeds = my favorite. Pair them with lemon = Favoritest! Most whole wheat recipes tend to be dry, but this one actually was pretty good and soft. I think it was the vanilla yogurt I added. So good! Hope you enjoy!
Ingredients: egg, whole wheat flour, lemon, white sugar, butter, poppy seeds, vanilla yogurt, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour, 1/4 cup of poppy seeds, 1/4 tsp of baking soda, and 1 tsp of baking powder. Mix these in a large bowl.
- Melt 5 tbsp of butter. Mix with 1 cup of vanilla yogurt and 1 egg. Combine well in a separate bowl from the flour bowl.
- In a third bowl, take 1 cup of white sugar and mix with the lemon zest of one lemon. Mix the sugar and zest together until the sugar is yellow. Don’t discard the lemon.
- Place the lemon juice in the bowl with the yogurt and egg.
- Add the yogurt mix to the flour bowl.
- Add the sugar to the mix.
- Stir together well. It will be thick so be warned! Place in muffin cups 3/4 of the way up.
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- Cook muffins for 20 minutes or until a tooth pick goes through cleanly.