As I said in a previous post, it being fall comes the surplus of everything pumpkin flavored. This is a bad thing? No, No, this is a delicious part of the year! I found a site that had 20 items to make with pumpkin. With the glory of pumpkin pie and bars and other yumminess, I found a recipe for granola bars. So good! The only problem was that these bars were not crunchy, like classic granola bars. They were a bit soggy, so add a bit more granola than what this recipe calls for.
Ingredients: oats, brown sugar, eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, cranberries, cinnamon, salt
- In a small bowl, add two eggs, 1 cup of milk, and 1 cup of pumpkin puree. Combine thoroughly.
- Place 1 cup of brown sugar in the liquid ingredients.
- Add 1 tsp cinnamon and a bit of salt.
- Chop the cranberries in half.
- Add 2 cups of oats to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the cranberries and mix thoroughly.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- Cut into little bars and refrigerate.