This is delicious!!! I love bison; one of the best burgers I have ever had was a bison burger. It’s red meat, but it’s extremely lean. Yet it also has a delicious taste that comes with it. Usually anything with BBQ is for the summer, but when it’s January, and you’re missing summer time then why not incorporate summer into a winter dish?! This is easy, fairly low maintenance, and just terrific for a lovely meal to eat or serve.
Ingredients: 1 lb bison, 1/2 onion, can diced tomatoes, can whole peeled tomatoes, can kidney beans, BBQ sauce (I used sweet and spicy), salt & pepper, carrots, sweet potato, and fingerling potatoes
1. Cook onions until soft or brown in a large pan.
2. In a separate frying pan cook bison meat until barely pink.
3. While the bison is cooking, cut sweet potato and fingerling potatoes into bite size pieces.
4. Add the potatoes to the onions with 1/2 cup of water and cook for 15 minutes, until potatoes soft to fork.
5. Once potatoes are cooked, add bison and all tomatoes. Mix in BBQ sauce (as much as you like; I used 1/2 cup in the end). Salt and pepper as necessary.
6. Cook until it’s nice and thick.
7. Serve with light cheddar cheese that’s melted.
This is an amazing recipe, with a meat that’s fairly rare. I bought it from a specialty store and have been waiting for a unique dish to make with it. This definitely was awesome! Try it and let me know what you think!