Whats’s Spring without a lovely cold orzo pasta salad. It pairs so well with yummy good like ham (perfect for an Easter dinner). I usually only eat cold pasta salads in spring and summer, definitely not winter. This was a lovely salad for it used fresh spinach and Parmesan cheese, mixing it from the usual feta and orzo. Hope you like it!
Ingredients: 1/2 pound orzo, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, 2 cups spinach (fresh), 1/3 cup red onion chopped, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, honey, and lemon juice
1. Cook the orzo and rinse some cool water over it while you make the other ingredients.
2. Cut tomatoes and spinach into pieces. Chop onions into fine bits.
3. Incorporate all of the ingredients. Add Parmesan cheese to the mix and mix thoroughly.
4. In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsps of olive oil, juice of a whole lemon, some honey and red wine vinegar together. Add salt and pepper until the ingredients taste like what you want!
5. Mix the dressing with the other ingredients and chill.
Hope you enjoy this cold pasta salad.