I love a good lasagna. I also love some delicious eggplant, and I’ve never made parmesan crusted eggplant. So this is a really simple recipe that I hope you enjoy.
Ingredients: eggplant, lasagna noodles, low fat ricotta, fresh mozarella ball, jar of tomato sauce, and shredded mozarella
- Cook the lasagna noodles.
- While the noodles are cooking, cut the eggplant into slices. Put some olive oil and both sides. Then add Italian seasoning to each side of the eggplant side.
- Heat oven to 375 and bake eggplant for 25 min, flip the eggplant and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool and an extra plate.
5. Pour a bit of tomato sauce into the bottom of a pyrex lasagna dish. Place cooked lasagna noodles in dish.
6. Add a bit of ricotta. I put a medium thick layer onto the noodles. Then added slices of eggplant on top.
7. Top that with another set of noodles and instead of ricotta, slice the mozarella thinly and add that onto the noodles then the eggplant.
8. Top with a bit of tomato sauce and add another layer of noodles followed by a thin layer of ricotta.
9. Add the rest of the tomato sauce. Top with shredded mozarella cheese.
10. Cook in an oven at 350C for 30+ minutes.
Hope you enjoy it!