In the summer, I thoroughly enjoy a refreshing pasta salad. This one is both baked and chilled. It was quite tasty and I hope you like it.
Ingredients: orzo, chicken stock, 3 large beef tomatoes, 1 cup of grape tomatoes, chucks of fresh mozarella, pre-made pesto, frozen corn, 1/2 onion, and cucumber quarters
- In a saucepan cook the onions in a bit of olive oil, then add sliced grape tomatoes and frozen corn. Cook until well-combined.
- While the above is cooking, boil the orzo pasta in chicken broth to add flavor.
- When both items above are done, combine into a bowl.
- Add pesto until all of the ingredients are well-covered. The amount depends on your taste and how much ingredients you add. I didn’t like much pesto so I added just enough to coat all of the items.
- While that was chilling, I cut the mozarella balls into small chunks and the cucumber into quarters.
- I also sliced a beef tomato into quarters, but retaining the shape of the tomato.
- When cool, I combined the mozarella with the noodles.
- I stuffed the tomatoes with the above mix and baked the tomatoes in 350C for 20 minutes.
- There was some leftover noodle mix and that was delish cool.
Hope you enjoy!!!!