I love a colorful, cold, and delicious summer salad that pairs with pretty much anything. If made correctly, it is fresh, tasty and will stay that way for days. What I always try to do is balance vegetables, carbs (pasta), cheese, and the bite of salad dressing. I think I did this with this recipe. Oh yum!
Ingredients: grape tomatoes, parsley and cilantro mix, red onion, pasta (penne or a small pasta), cucumber, fresh mozzarella, olive oil, white balsamic, honey, salt, and lemon juice.
- I cooked the pasta (I made bunny pasta) and set it aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, I chopped a red onion (1/2 onion), cut the cucumber into quarters, cut the tomatoes (1 cup), and chopped the mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup). Then I washed a mix of parsley and cilantro and chopped that and put it in the dish. The amount is determined by the person making this dish. Some like a lot of herbs, some dont.
- I mixed the cooled pasta with the veggies above.
- While it was chilling for a few hours I went on to making the dressing. Now this is up to the taster. I usually like something with a bite but also sweetness. I mixed: olive oil, salt, balsamic vinegar, honey, and lemon juice.
- I put a little in a separate dish and put some of the dressing onto the mix. Then yum!