Carbs Carbs the wonderful carbs! Let me tell you a secret: I LOVE Carbs…especially when they are coated with marinated tomatoes and onions. Queue Homer Simpson drooling. ha!
This was such a simple recipe, I thought it was going to take forever and be a lot of work, but this was so simple. And best part: it turned out so fluffy and delicious.
Ingredients: grape tomatoes, onions, italian seasoning, olive oil, white flour, salt, 2 packs of dry yeast.
- Dissolve both packs of yeast in 1/4 cup warm water. Stir until it bubbles.
- In a large, greased bowl place five cups of white flour and 2 tsps of salt. Mix.
- Add 2 cups of warm water to the yeast mix.
- Put a hole into the flour mix and put in the yeast water mix.
- Mix thoroughly. Add flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Put in a warm place to double in size.
- While rising, half the tomatoes and thinly slice the onions. Put tbsp of olive oil and some italian seasoning and salt and combine. Flavor as much as you like. Set in fridge until you are ready to use.
- Place dough in a greased baking dish.
- Place the tomato and onion mix on top of the dough. Push those into the dough. Cover with some of the juice from that flavoring mix, but not to make the dough soggy.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, then turn around and bake an additional 15 min. If the top of the bread is not brown, keep cooking until its brown. But don’t burn it!