I cook red meat maybe once every other month. I found this magnificent recipe for beef stuff eggplant halves. So I decided to try this recipe, and low and behold I got all of the ingredients for what I needed until I went to the produce section and guess what shipment did not come in? EGGPLANTS! Quick: problemsolving! What else can I stuff?? Bell Peppers! This is a recipe that may be time intensive, but is worth the yumminess!
Ingredients: 1 lb 90+% lean ground beef, onion, 3 tomatoes, green bell pepper, three red bell peppers, cheddar mix cheese.
- Chop an onion and 2.5 tomatoes. Slice the rest of the third tomato. Clean the bell peppers and chop the green bell pepper and cut in half the red bell peppers.
- Start cooking the onions in a bit of olive oil until soft. Add the meat and cook until brown. Season with whatever seasoning you like. I added some basal, oregano, black pepper, and salt.
- Add the green bell peppers. Cook until they are soft.
- Add the tomato chucks and cover to steam the mix.
- Lay the red bell peppers out in a pyrex dish.
- Take meat mix off heat and let it cool a bit.
- Spoon the meat mix into the bell peppers.
- Top with a tomato slice and cheese.
- Cook at 350 for 30 minutes covered, then 15 minutes uncovered so cheese browns.
Hope you all enjoy!