What pairs great with any meal that has a whole bunch of tomatoes in it? More tomatoes with RICE! I love rice, I love corn, and I love tomatoes. This was a simple, yet a real tasty recipe. I enjoy rice as a side dish and will eat it for lunch this week, for sure!
Ingredients: 1 cup basmati rice, grape tomatoes, 1 cup frozen corn, 1/2 onion, 1/2 green pepper, chicken stock.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add chicken base and return to boil.
- Add 1 cup of basmati rice into chicken stock.
- As rice cooks, defrost corn.
- Chop onions and bell pepper.
- Cook onions in a tbsp of olive oil until soft. Add bell peppers. Cook 5 min. Add corn. Cook 5 min. Add tomatoes and cover to steam.
- When the rice is done cooking, the water will be all absorbed. Mix in the mix from above in with the rice. Flavor with Seasonings of your choice.