I love yummy baked goods. Especially ones that are filled with delicious fruit. This recipe is one of those, something new that I saw on the internet that I thought would be something nice to try. Instead of making a full loaf, I made six loaves of this recipe. While, it wasn’t as yummy as I was hoping, it still turned out decently. I froze 3 of the loaves, and ate the other 3 (not all at once).
Ingredients: white flour, egg, brown sugar, white sugar, baking soda, vanilla extract, frozen raspberries, buttermilk, butter, and salt.
- Mix 2 cups of white flour, 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, and 1 tsp baking soda. Combine well.
- In a separate bowl combine egg, 1/2 cup of buttermilk, 4 tbsps of butter, 1 tsp salt, and 2 tsps of vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Add 2 cups of frozen raspberries. It was suggested fresh, but I couldn’t buy fresh at the time, so I just bought frozen.
- Place in baking pans and fill 1/2 way. Trust me, don’t fill it more than that, they spill over.
- Bake at 350 for an hour.
- Eat hot, room temp, or cold. I stored in the fridge for a few days while I ate them.
A few things about this recipe: frozen berries make the bread a little soggy. I would suggest fresh. Also, this bread does not rise at all. So the little loaves that I made were like flat mini-loaves. It’s a bit deceiving. Just a heads up!!